Cold water is generally better for your skin than hot water. Hot water can strip away the natural oils in your skin, leaving it dry, irritated, and prone to breakouts. Cold water helps to keep your skin hydrated and can help to reduce inflammation and redness.
Should You Wash Your Face With Hot Water?
No, it is not recommended to wash your face with hot water. Hot water can strip the skin of its natural oils and cause dryness, irritation, and discomfort. It is best to use lukewarm water when washing your face.
Should You Wash Your Face With Cold Water?
Yes, cold water can be beneficial for your skin. Cold water can help close your pores, reduce inflammation, and soothe irritation. It can also help to tighten your skin and reduce puffiness around the eyes.
Which Water Temperature Is Best for Washing Your Face?
The best water temperature for washing your face is lukewarm. Lukewarm water is gentle on your skin and will not strip your skin’s natural oils or cause dryness or irritation.
5 Tips for Your Skin Care Routine
1. Cleanse your skin twice a day with a gentle cleanser.
2. Exfoliate your skin 1-2 times a week to remove dead skin cells.
3. Use a moisturizer immediately after cleansing to help keep your skin hydrated.
4. Wear sunscreen every day to protect your skin from sun damage.
5. Use a night cream or serum before bed to nourish your skin while you sleep.